The Androgynous Vault is a blog (and sometimes vlog) about the lives of two androgynous girls in Brisbane. This blog offers a perspective of life through androgynous eyes.
Volume 26: Boys in the girls room...Girls in the men's room
Let's set the scene.
A tummy full of fish and chips and Joan Jett playing in the background.
Many apologies for my absence.
I hope you didn't mind my little break.
I'm going to keep this short and sweet.
I've been thinking about the presence of androgyny in the media.
I want to pay credit to a video clip I saw 10 years ago in my final year of primary school. I thought it was a fun sounding song and didn't think much of it. I always had a little giggle with the thought of boys in girls toilets and vice versa. However, now I understand the term "Androgyny" and that song very much asks society to accept people for who they are. I guess I'm rambling but do watch the video clip.
Another song is the song Androgynous by Joan Jett. I love how simple and straightforward the lyrics are.
I hope some day in the future there will be more songs on Androgyny and the awesomeness of it.
Keep it real and don't forget to be awesome!
Comments? Questions? Anything?
- Volume One - The Introduction
- Volume Two - Gender Confusion
- Volume Three - Categories and Neatly Defined Boxes
- Volume Four - Tomato sauce, Assassinations and a woman Prime Minister
- Volume Five - Undergarments and Academic Tanned Skin
- Volume Six - Naked and Nakedness?
- Volume Seven - Prejudice and Pride
- Volume Eight - It Gets Better
- Volume Nine - It's a plane, it's a pirate, wait no it's just Moneth
- Volume Ten - Purple, Revel and Riot, This Just Out and lot's of androgyny in between
- Volume Eleven - Androgynous Clothing
- Volume Twelve - Finally...Here's MoneT aka Pirate
- Volume Thirteen - Beauty
- Volume 14: unisex toilets? let's discuss.
- Volume 15: The Recent UN Vote And It's Consequences To Us Androgynous Folk
- Volume 16: We Need You
- Volume 17: Bright lights and two spirit sexuality
- Volume 18: Tegan and Sara...confusing the general public...dumb questions.
- Volume 19: The Glamorous Kind
- Volume 20: Androgy on Holiday
- Volume 21: QLD Flood Crisis
- Volume 22: Androgyny on Holiday: Part 2
- Volume 23: She So Hard
- Volume 24: righto chaps! cup of tea then? Let's celebrate!
- Volume 25: Androgyny travels to the East
- Volume 26: Boys in the girls room...Girls in the men's room
- Volume 27: Observations of the Ninja Kind